Wow!! Time flies when you’re having fun selling/buying houses!! When not working our days have been filled with family time. Shannon also volunteers her time in both the kids classrooms. The lack of blogging is due to our time going to our clients and our children. The market has picked up this year for us. Keeping us doing what we love! Please keep us in mind as your Real Estate Resource.
This year both Jack and Olivia played hockey. We spent lots of time at the rink! We also sponsor their teams they play on when possible. Our newest adventure, Jack started Lacrosse. Really fun and fast. We were able to sponsor the summer tournament.
I am very excited. I just received the CIAS designation (Certified Investor Agent Specialist) to help individuals build wealth through investing in real estate. Did you know there are five investor types: First-time, Move-up, Portfolio, Performance, and Rehab & Resell..Let me know which one you are going to be? 43% of real estate investors earn less than $75,000 per year. Let me help you achieve your financial Goals!
Jeff and I helped our clients close on their first home today!! It is such a great journey to be able to help our clients find their dream home and work on their behalf till it’s theirs. I am so happy for you two. Your first home together is such a big decision! Congratulations, Mark and Diana!! Can’t wait to see when you are all moved it.
DO IT NOW! If you have even thought for a second about buying a home, do it NOW! Interest rates were at 4.5% today. If the rates were to go up to 5.5% over the next few months the payment on a $200,000 loan would go from $1047 to $1173 ($126) a month. That’s huge. $1512 a year more because you waited on the sidelines while the best interest rates ever are out there. On a FHA mortgage you would need 3.5% down payment ($7000 on a $200,000 loan). C’mon quit waiting for the right time, the right time is here!
THE KITCHEN IS THE HEART OF THE HOME
Easy Kitchen Upgrades To Entice Buyers
Long gone are the days of entertaining guests in your formal dining and living room spaces. One of the biggest trends in real estate over the past several years has been the growing number of homebuyers looking for large, updated kitchens, according to a 2010 AVID Home Design Drivers Study. Ideally, they are looking for kitchens that connect to an open living room and are designed for entertaining.
“We have certainly seen a trend toward families spending more quality time in the kitchen, and they are really making it the heart of the home,” said Robin Peterson, president of Coldwell Banker Burnet. “Therefore, when selling your home, it is very important to showcase your kitchen’s most prominent features and update it to entice buyers, so that they can picture themselves spending a lot of time in it.”
Here are a few tips on how to update your kitchen to appeal to a buyer’s preferences today and sell your home faster:
- Islands are a highly desired kitchen accessory. They look sleek and provide convenience with more countertop space and more seating options, all crucial elements sought out by homebuyers. An island serves many purposes such as; cooking, food preparation, eating, and socializing. Your kitchen island can even be utilized as a workspace to tend to projects, pay bills, for the kids to do their homework or take care of miscellaneous needs. You can also add bar stools for seating space.
- Lighting sets the tone of your kitchen’s appeal. It needs to be functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. The key is to strike the right balance between creating the mood and seeing well to prepare meals. A simple trick is to add dimmers to existing lights. Or add task lighting to work areas, such as above the sink or stove.
- Ample seating gives the kitchen a welcoming and cozy feel to make guests more comfortable. Having a variety of different types of seating (bar stools, couch, lounge chair, etc.) allows the room to serve multiple functions.
- Modernize as much as possible. Mismatched appliances can be an eyesore and make the design look messy and unfinished. But, if you don’t have the budget for new appliances, an easy, inexpensive update can be as simple as painting the cabinets and adding new knobs and handles.
In a recent study, the Chicago Booth/Kellogg School Financial Trust Index found that a full 36% of Americans would consider “strategic default”—another term for walking away from your mortgage—if they were underwater (owed more on their home than what it was worth).
Now that more than one in four American homeowners is “underwater,” I feel that it’s important for the community to know the truth about strategic default.
The truth is the foreclosure process carries with it credit issues, current and future employment challenges, issues with security clearance and possible debt collections.
That’s why it is vital to explain the 3 reasons why the term “strategic default” is misleading:
- There’s nothing strategic about defaulting on purpose, especially when you have options like short sales, mortgage modifications, and refinance (just to name a few) that may keep you from foreclosure.
- The waiting periods to apply for a new mortgage loan are at least five years less in a short sale vs. a foreclosure.
- A foreclosure will show up on your credit report every time you apply for a home loan, car loan, new job, etc., and will affect your financial situation for many years to come.
If you are underwater and can no longer afford your mortgage payments, you need to create a genuine strategy to avoid foreclosure, helping to provide stability for you and our community.
If you have any questions about what steps you or someone you care about should take next, contact me today!
IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT DISCLOSURE: You may stop doing business with us at any time. You may accept or reject the offer of mortgage assistance we obtain from your lender (or servicer). If you reject the offer, you will not have to pay us for our services. The above brokerage is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan.
CLICK HERE for virtual tour!
Two weekends in a row of wedding fairs! Wow. What a great privilege it is to be able to meet with all these couples when they are planning their wedding. We love answering all their real estate questions. It is a really good feeling to help them have more knowledge for the next step they are going to take in life! Buying a HOME!!
Here is a picture of our Billboard in Shakopee. Jeff won us a month on this for a presentation contest with Coldwell Banker Burnet!